Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ethan leaves for Italy!


Ethan and Nonna left for Italy on Tuesday.  They will be gone for 3 1/2 weeks!  Oma, Jim, Lucia, Gigi, and I took them to the airport to see them off.  Ethan was such a good boy and was very excited to go on the plane with Nonna.


We sure are going to miss this guy!
 He absolutely loved his carry-on bag Nonna got for him!  He was pretty cute walking around the airport with it!

One last family picture before he leaves.  Jim and I were able to hold it together and not cry when we said goodbye.  However, after we watched him go through the security check point and he was out of sight, I turned to Jim and said "well, we did it" and started crying.  I'm pretty sure Jim started crying then too, but I couldn't look him in the eyes because that would just get me going again!  It sure is hard sending your child across the world without you, but knowing he is with Nonna and his aunt/uncle and cousins sure does help!

No comments: