Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Is it crooked?

Funny story today- we'll not really . . .
So, Francesca and Jarrod were getting ready to leave after dropping off Ethan's gift. I was holding Ethan as we were saying goodbye- Francesca was sort of tickling him- when all of a sudden he whips his head back- and WHACK- right into the side of my nose! I hear a CRUNCH sound- grab my nose and head to the bathroom.
I have never felt such pain (aside from child birth)- I thought I was going to pass out. I asked Francesca if she heard the crunch sound- she said she did. I look at my nose and notice it's shifted a bit toward the left. Great.
I start to panic a little bit worrying about an important meeting I have tomorrow at work- hoping I don't show up all black and blue around my eyes. Worried that I might have to have it re-broken in order to fix it- or that it might permanently be crooked!
Well, I called the doctor- they said I should come have it looked at. They took some x-rays- my doctor said it looks like there could be a small break in one of the bones, but she's going to have the radiologist look at it. So- I'll wait to hear their recommendations tomorrow.
For now- it's feeling a lot better. I still have some pain/headache pain around my nose- but I don't have any black eyes or bruising . . . not yet anyway!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeremy and Cheryl said...

Oh no!!! Hope it's ok!!!!

Chiara said...

It doesn't look crooked to me....hope you're feeling better.