Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Great Pie Debate 2011

Nick and Sunny hosted a pie contest this weekend.  I made my first pie ever- and it turned out pretty good!  Here's Lucia in her cute party dress. 
My sister-in-law Sunny is very organized- she had fun carnival games at the Pie Party.  Ethan had fun playing and picking out prizes!
The Judges Table- Uncle Dave was lucky enough to be selected as one of the judges!
Hey- this pie looks pretty good- I wonder who made this awesome thing- that's right- I did!  I decided on a Peach Pie for the contest because peaches are in season.  This was my first ever attempt at an actual pie where I make the pie crust and everything!  It turned out pretty darn good if I don't say so myself!
And look- the Judges really seem to be enjoying my pie- don't they?  At least Uncle Dave!  But alas- it wasn't in the cards for my pie to win this year- or make it to the top three even!  I guess there is always next year!
Here's the winning pie- a tropical treat created by Jeri- Congrats Jeri!
During the pie judging, the kids made up their own entertainment- it was hilarious watching them all work together and lift up whoever was riding in the sled!  It was pretty cute. 
Lucia saw mamma painting her toenails for the party and wanted hers done too- what cute little piggies she has!
Lucia loves balloons- or any type of ball really.  She got a kick out of these yesterday- repeating over and over: "ba, ba, ba"  while pointing at them.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chiara said...

Looks like you all had a great time, and your pie looked GREAT, Aless. How did it taste?

I love Lucy's toes!

Chiara said...

p.s. I think Lucy was wearing the sandals that I dodged 2 lanes of traffic for (they flew off my car one day after I put Norah in the car and forgot about them)! I really loved those shoes, so I went back for them. I am glad that now, Lucia gets to wear them, too.

Sandra said...

Love the toes!!!