Tuesday, October 22, 2013

September


September was another busy month with Ethan starting school and Aunt Kerri getting married.  Here's Ethan on his first day of Kindergarten.  We are now in mid-October and he is loving school.  I've been able to help out in his classroom a few times, which is fun (but exhausting!).  I helped out yesterday for about an hour, and when it was over I told his teacher that was the quickest hour of my life!  Kindergartners sure are busy, I don't know how his teacher has any energy at the end of the day!

Mr. Simon Merrick- getting bigger each day.  
 
Our dishwasher took a poop in mid-September.  Grandpa came over to take it apart to see if he could fix it- both Ethan and Lucia love helping/watching Grandpa fix things around our house!  

Simon sleeping soundly (a rare occurrence during the day!), but he does sleep well at night for me- usually sleeping 12 hours w/o getting up.  If he does wake up, it is usually one time and only for 10 minutes to nurse. 

Aunt Kerri and Dave (now Uncle Dave!) were married on September 21st.  The entire family (except Simon) was in the wedding!  The day was so busy I barely took any pictures- I was sad that I did not get one of me/Jim and the kids all together.  Aunt Sunny did Lucia's hair for the wedding and I think it turned out great!  She looks like such a little lady!

Lucia, me, and Ethan- Ethan was the "ring boy" (his term!)- what a handsome guy!

Aunt Kerri with her flower girls and ring boy!

Lucia has been getting better and better practicing on the two-wheeler.  

We spent a little bit of time at Art Prize this year, not as much as previous years.  Here's Lucia standing in front of some steel wool sculptures.  

Lucia and Oma- the artist that put the flowers on the Calder had to remove them before Artprize was over- oops!

Family picture- minus Simon!

Another Artprize entry in the river. 

One of the biggest changes to the house was the addition of bunk beds for Ethan and Lucia.  Lucia moved out of the nursery and into her big girl bed.  She has been doing okay, but still is having a hard time settling down for the night- it usually take her 30 minutes or so.  Simon is now in the nursery and he has been doing great!  I think having his own room has helped him sleep longer stretches at night (and lately sleeping all night long!).  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: