Monday, April 21, 2014

Zero

It's no secret that I have had a love/dislike relationship with Zero over the years.  He has chewed up his fair share of our stuff over the years.  I love how he waits until I'm indisposed (nursing Simon) to go into the kitchen and look for things to chew/eat.  I must say "go see what Zero is chewing up" at least five times a day!  Anyway- over the past year and a half, he has had this growing lump on his left side.  At his vet appointment last year we were told that it was just a fatty tumor and nothing to worry about- unless it started to interfere with his range of motion.  So- since that vet appointment, his lump continued to grow.  Then we started to worry that maybe it was something more than just a fatty deposit.  He was also losing hair on his tail and nose.  I kept putting off making another vet appointment, but finally did it.  The vet still believed that the lump was a fatty deposit and wanted to remove it the day of his appointment.  He also suspected that the reason he was losing his hair on his tail was due to a thyroid problem- which a blood test confirmed- so now Zero has to take thyroid medicine for the rest of his life.  Anyway- even though he annoys me and chews up our stuff- I'm glad that he is going to be okay.  
"Who, me?"

Oh- here's a picture of the fatty deposits the vet took out of Zero.  They asked me if I wanted to see them- of course!  I brought them home thinking Jim would want to see them too (I was wrong).  The kids thought they were pretty cool- Lucia asked if I was going to "cook them up so we can eat them."  They did resemble raw chicken breast!

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Zero has also managed to chew up lots of my things over the years. But, that second photo makes up for many of them! And, he is a dog I trust around kids, so we'll give him that!