Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New York


So, we went to New York this past weekend for my family reunion. The family reunion is always a great time- I'll post pictures of it soon. I wanted to post a few funny stories from the trip out to NY.

We decided to drive through the night on the way to NY hoping it would be easier on the kids- and for the most part I think it was. It was about 4am on the trip out and Ethan wakes up in his car seat crying "where is New York? Why aren't we in New York yet?!" It took him about 10minutes to calm down- and by that time he had woken Lucia up- but luckily they both went back to sleep!

Around 7am during the trip out there- we stopped to get gas, rest, etc. Jim took Ethan on a little walk around the rest stop, Ethan was pointing out all the cars saying "there's a car, there's another car, there's another car, and there's the car we live in" pointing to our car! I thought that was pretty funny when Jim told me.

The kids were troopers for the car ride to and from New York- it does have a few hours traveling with kids- but they did great. I loved listening to Ethan sing along to some of our music- "bebel, beble, he's face is a mess!" or "he's free fallin' momia." It was pretty cute!

Picture of our trip to the city and the reunion will be added soon. It was a great trip- we stayed with my cousin Nellie, her husband Larry, and their TWO sets of TWINS- ages 4 and 2! It was a great time- Ethan had a blast playing with the twins as they were pretty much the same age.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: